I’m back from Florida! I know most of you weren’t aware I was away at this particular time as I chose not to publish it. I didn’t want to ‘advertise’ I was on holiday for privacy and security reasons, so i pre-set a few posts to upload while I was over there so I could still get content up on my blog.
I actually came back this morning, and I will be surprised if any of this makes sense as I have lost a whole night of sleep, and for those who know me, that results in a pretty grouchy, confused Jessie. I am currently in my own little world; I have no idea what time, day or date it is anymore, I blame it on jet lag instead of pure stupidity caused by a lack of sleep.
As you can probably tell from the above paragraph, I actually returned around a week and a half ago. I haven’t posted purely because of how fatigued I am, and I caught a nasty cold off the plane. Although I really wanted to post, I could barely muster the energy to get out of bed, never mind sit and write a thousand words on a blog post (I’m just not capable of writing short ones). But, better late than never I guess!
So, I have been in Florida since June 8th and returned pretty damn early in the morning on June 23rd. Within these two weeks, I may have visited Sephora once or twice, or maybe three or four or five times. I also went to Walmart while I was there to mostly look at the food (post/video coming soon on trying American candy ), but i simply could not resist the beauty section also. CVS Pharmacy also featured in this shopping trip, and i picked up a few drugstore makeup items there as well.
My original plan was to write about the whole haul in one post, but if I did, it would be a hella long post that i’m sure no one has time to read. Instead, i’m going to split the post into a ‘High End’ haul, and a ‘Drugstore Haul’.
Before I begin writing about the high-end products I picked up, a little disclaimer. I bought a heck lot of makeup, I know i did, but this is what i like to spend my money on. I had saved up for this trip, specifically to buy makeup products that were cheaper/I couldn’t get/ were not as accessible here in the UK. I know that no one needs this much makeup, but I LOVE trying out and experimenting with new products constantly and finding new favourites; this is what i want my job to be in the future. I am very grateful for the opportunities I have.
Sephora is my fave shop in the whole world and it gets to me on a very emotional level that there is not one anywhere near to where I live. I’m pretty sure the closest one is London, but I go to London about as many times as I go to the gym so that is unhelpful.
I had an approximate idea of some of the products I wanted to pick up while I was over there, but most of the buys were impulse, something which pretty much explains my life.
Here’s what I picked up…
Anastasia Beverly Hills:
- Liquid Lipstick in ‘Naked’ – a light nude pink shade.
- Liquid Lipstick in ‘Stripped’ – also a nude shade, but more brown toned.
- Liquid Lipstick in ‘Dusty Rose’ – pretty much what the name reveals, a dusty rose colour.
- Liquid Lipstick in ‘Ashton’ – a yellow toned, brown nude colour.
- Liquid Lipstick in ‘Spicy’ – a orange based red shade.
- Single Pan Eye Shadow in ‘Sienna’ – a red based brown colour, quite similar to ‘Red Earth’ (also by ABH), very warm toned.
- Single Pan Eye Shadow in ‘Pink Champagne’ – the most beaut metallic pink colour, with silver and black duochrome qualities.
- Single Pan Eye Shadow in ‘Penny Metal’ – your typical stunning gold/bronze shimmer.
- Single Pan Eye Shadow in ‘Truffle Glitter’ – I honestly can’t make my mind up as to what colour this is. When i first purchased it, i thought it was a brown tone with gold reflects, and now i’m seeing grey/green/black/charcoal qualities in it as well. Either i’m going colour blind or the colour is just very unusual, let’s pray it’s the latter.
- An empty magnetized quad palette to hold the shadows (free with four single pan purchases).
- Better Than Sex Mascara (waterproof) – slightly cheating here as I bought this before I went away as some holiday makeup, but I still wanted to include it in the haul. Review coming soon!
- Melted Matte Liquid Lipstick in ‘Cool Girl’ – A mauve, slightly cool toned nude lipstick. A dupe is NYX’s Soft Matte Lip Cream in ‘London’.
- Sweethearts Bronzer in ‘Sweet Tea’.
- Luster Matte liquid lipstick in ‘Russet’ – a rusty orange/red colour, not as bright as ABH’s ‘Spicy’.
- Pomegranate Sheet Face Mask (for anti-fatigue and energizing the skin)
- Algae Sheet Face Mask (for purifying and detoxifying).
- Pearl Sheet Eye Mask (for perfecting and brightening).
- Green Tea Eye Mask (for refreshment and relaxation).
- Shea Sheet Lip Mask (for protecting and repairing).
- Dynamic Duo Face Brush – a double ended brush used for cleansing and exfoliating purposes. One side has small rubber ridges, ideal to work exfoliator into the skin and the other side has a firm-bristled brush ideal for deep cleansing.
- Shimmering Skin Perfector in ‘Champagne Pop’!!!!!!!! I have wanted this for ages, as it is a collab with one of my favourite YouTubers, Jaclyn Hill. I have to say this highlighter is flawless, my favourite ever.
- Under Eye Brightening Corrector – a champagne, rose shade with counteracts darkness under eyes.
- Glow On the Go, Shimmering Skin Perfector kit in ‘Opal’. Includes a small liquid version of ‘Opal’ and a tiny iddy biddy ‘Opal’ pressed powder.
- Free Birthday Gift (I got my mam to make an account and change her birthday, rebel, I know) of a mini lipstick and black eyeliner.
- The Pore-fessional Primer – aka one of the best primers out there if you are looking to smooth out your skin and diminish the appearance of any fine lines or pores lurking away.
- One pair in the style ‘Fluff N Dolled Up’. I have never seen such amazing looking lashes in my entire life, so I had to purchase them. At $26 for one pair the cost of them is pretty ridiculous, BUT i have heard fab things about them, and you can wear them up to 30 times.
- I purchased, shock, a beauty blender from the brand ‘Beauty Blender’… I chose the nude one because I thought it was pretty, typical makeup obsesser.
- Plumprageous Matte Lip Treatment. I’m not going to talk too much about this, as a full review is coming soon.
As many of you know, Sephora has a point system where the more money you spend, the more points you get, allowing you to get deluxe samples of fabulous brands as a reward for spending so much there. Most products offered are 100 points to buy, but you can also get even bigger products for say, 500 points. You receive one point for every dollar spent on almost all merchandise the store sells.
With my points, I picked up:
- Josie Maran ‘Argan Daily Moisturiser SPF 47’.
- Hourglass ‘Ambient Light Correcting Primer’ in ‘Mood light’.
- Smashbox ‘Photo Finish Primer Oil’.
- Boscia ‘Exfoliating Peel Gel’.
- Benefit ‘Roller Lash’ mascara.
So, that was everything I bought from Sephora! I know it’s a lot, and many of you are probably shaking your heads at me right now, butttttt no regrets.
I also want to throw in that I bought a new MAC 217 Blending Brush for my collection, as I could have done with an extra.
And, I don’t know if this is classed as beauty, but i managed to buy a top up of one of my favourite perfumes in the whole world, Chanel ‘Mademoiselle Paris’ in duty free, ridiculously enough before I had even left England. That’s me all over.
So, that’s the end of my high-end haul, I hope you enjoyed reading and don’t judge me too much! Second part of the haul (American Drugstore Makeup Haul) will be coming soon!
By the way, I will be posting my daily trip reports from my holiday. Personally, I love reading Disney trip reports (fave = mkingdon) and watching Disney World Vlogs (fave = Tom and Sophie), so i thought i would publish my own trip reports and see if anyone else will enjoy reading mine as much as i enjoy reading theirs. It won’t be everyone’s cup of tea, but this is another form of ‘blogging’ i would like to trial. First day post coming soon!