Hello everyone! 🙂
Today, I am going to be writing a review and showing swatches of NYX’s Soft Matte Lip Creams. I have been wanting to write a review on these products for some time now; however, I wanted to wait until I had a few more shades in my grasp in order to have a wider review.
As many of you UK Beauty Bloggers now know, NYX is available to order online through boots.com! I have heard many USA based bloggers rave about the NYX brand, and I have wanted to get my heavily swatched hands on some of their makeup ever since.
I was absolutely over the moon in the Christmas period, when I viewed Boots’ website to see a specially advertised NYX page, as I was unsure where else I could get their products in the UK.
I splurged last week, and bought 5 new shades to add to my collection of 3. I just wanted to make a quick point of explaining how easy it was to order and receive my products. Boots.com have an ordering policy, where you can get your newly purchased products on free next day delivery – to a store of your choice. You can also get them delivered to your home address, but unfortunately that is not free and will take longer to process your order.
I got my new products sent to the Boots shop 5 minutes away from where I live, and I picked up my new makeup less than 24 hours after I ordered it, amazing (I love technology).
Being able to pick up my makeup so easily encourages me to buy more products through the Boots website. Great for my makeup addiction, not so great for my bank account…
The NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams are a huge favourite in my collection. Unfortunately for me, when I get myself very excited over a new product or brand, it is usually a disappointment. In this case, not at all. If anything, these lip products make me want to experiment with MORE NYX makeup products, something I am desperate to do.
This product range comes in a wide variety of colours: from your nudes, to your pinks, to your blues, Soft Matte Lip Creams have a shade perfectly suited to everyone. Unfortunately, boots.com does not sell every shade, so I will have to rely on the American drugstore to purchase the rest when I go on holiday this summer!
The colours I have are:
- Morocco – a bold, bright orange colour. A beautiful sunset tone, this colour is absolutely perfect for wear in the spring/summer months.
- Abu Dhabi – a neutral, nude pink colour with hints of brown undertones. Very wearable, this colour is a beautiful nude colour suited to every skin tone.
- Athens – a muted pink colour, with strong peachy undertones. It is the perfect mix of pink and peach, combined to create a fresh, pretty colour.
- Stockholm – Ahhhh I love this one! It is a incredibly beautiful opaque nude, baby pink colour. It looks gorgeous on the lips, and is extremely wearable.
- London – This shade is the very first I purchased, and I have to say it is my dream shade. It is the darkest nude offered in this product range, and is a brown-based nude with undertones of pink. I actually ordered a back-up of this shade, as I’m running out of my first tube and it is my absolute fave!
- Prague – a beautiful, berry colour. It is definitely more purple based, but includes some beautiful pink tones that transform the colour depending on light. Berry lips are still very ‘on trend’ and this is the perfect colour for that.
- Ibiza – This shade is a bright candy pink colour, with hints of orange and red. It is a very warm colour, perfect for wearing in the spring and summer months. I would personally say this shade is quite unique due to the blend of colours.
Although the swatches look reasonably sheer, this is because of the light in my bedroom at 9 o’clock at night. The formula itself is quite thin for being classed as a ‘cream’, but it applies on to the lips as th0ugh the formula is thick and opaque. I find this to be fantastic, as you can get the comfortable amount of product on your lips, but it looks as though you have layered it on to get fantastic pigmentation. The product is just extremely pigmented, and when it dries matte it looks fabulous.
It takes about 30 seconds for the product to dry matte on the lips, and when it does there is no stickiness when pressing your lips together. The product is transfer proof and stays on for a good few hours. It will not stay on all day but the formula is buildable, meaning you can whip it out of your bag, apply and go – without cakiness.
Overall, I think the Soft Matte Lip Creams are one of my favourite lip products to date: they don’t dry out my lips, they have amazing pigmentation, they are affordable and I LOVE the colours.
If you are looking for a new liquid lipstick, I 100% recommend trying the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams – they won’t let you down! 😀